This is how it’s done!
- 1/3 – 1/2 aubergine – thinly sliced
- 1 big tomato – cut in small dices
- 1/2 medium sized red sweet pepper – diced
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- some butter – not too little
- ca 1 teaspoon red curry paste – or more if you want it really hot
- lemon- or lime juice
Use a frying pan that has a lid, melt the butter and let the curry paste and the garlic gently fry for a while.
Add the aubergine and turn it around in the spiced butter as good as it gets.
Fry on low temperature for a while until the aubergine is getting soft and gaining golden color.
Add the tomato and sweet pepper, mix thoroughly and then put the lid on.
Let it simmer until the aubergine is all soft and gooey, about five minutes. Stir a couple of times.
Add fresh lemon or lime juice, and season it to taste with some salt.
Serve with mixed green salad and parsley.
Tastes good on toast or slices of bread fried crispy in butter. Or with rise. I love this to fried polenta. And you can also add for example kidney beans.